Eagle works with excellent management teams to develop sustainable value creation plans underpinned with specific initiatives. The Eagle team invests the time to understand critical opportunities, challenges and objectives facing our executives and strives to foster a culture that produces results through planning, executing and open communication. The Eagle partners have all held operating roles enabling better understanding of the challenges facing management.
- Over 15 years investing in Consumer and Industrial sectors
- Educated view for due diligence and during our ownership
- Experienced multiple cycles, enabling better decision making
- The partners have hands-on operating experience as the CFO or President of Operating Companies
- Established operating partner network to complement management
- Proven operating playbook
- Work in partnership with management to accelerate growth
Excelling in Complex Situations and Rewarding Success
- Completed multiple complex transactions including corporate carve-outs, family-owned businesses, industry consolidations, capital constrained growth infusions and bankruptcy auctions
- Eagle takes an active role to work with management and intermediaries to navigate challenges and then reward success when achieved
In each of the below examples, Eagle created significant value for all shareholders.
Corporate carve out from AFC Enterprises in 2004, exited in 2009.
- Grew EBITDA over 50% in less than five years
- Significantly improved the four-wall returns through lower build-out costs, higher Average Unit Volumes and better margins from labor efficiency
- Introduced new products including spicy chicken
- Grew store base by over 100 stores in the U.S. and internationally
Varel International Energy Services, Inc.: Led recapitalization of company, supporting the investment of the senior management team, in November 2007, exited in 2014.
- Grew EBITDA by 80% during the first five years
- Acquired Downhole Products, a manufacturer of critical downhole completion products, in April 2008
- Expanded company operations throughout the world, including a new joint venture in Russia
- Supported Lean Enterprise initiatives targeted at global manufacturing operations and enterprise-wide business process throughout investment period
Chicken Salad Chick: Early stage growth investment in 2015, exited in 2019.
- Grew system sales seven-fold in less than five years
- Increased store base from 32 locations to 150+ at exit
- Invested heavily in franchisee support systems
United PF Partners: Joint venture combining five independent Planet Fitness franchisees in 2016, exited in 2019.
- Nearly tripled store count in only three years
- Created largest franchisee in the PF system
- Executed three add-ons, which accounted for 46 total stores
- Developed and opened 45+ stores organically